Sunday, April 19, 2009

eh

its been a while since i've felt like sitting down. we have more fun when we're busy. we're out making friends, spending money and saving the earth. actually more like attempting at saving the economy. although we do shop at consignment stores and goodwill.

addison is learning more and more every day. she thrives off of knowledge, learning new things and reading books. she's talking more which only shows her great little personality even more. its been amazing finding out what she likes (mickey mouse & her grandma), and what she doesnt like (dr phil & mommy not letting her play with her cell phone). having an opinion is one of the BIGGEST things i hope she has forever. i want her to have good, strong opinions, and not a weak mind. i often find myself daydreaming about her opinions - will she burn her bra, will she vote, will she defend someone? will she shave her legs for god's sake?! Addy is also defining herself, but so much of her often reminds me of myself. her hair going straight down her head until the ends, then flipping up into a curl. pooping in the bathtub, saying "NO MINE!" it seems as though my daughter might be a little me. i know i'm rubbing off on her. we have these little dinosaurs that she plays with in the tub. we know that my favorite movie of all time is mrs doubtfire... so when i see dinos, they're dancing and singing "I'M A RAPTOR, DOIN WHAT I CAN, GONNA EAT EVERYTHING TIL THE APPEARANCE OF MAN, YO YO BABY I'M LIVIN BELOW THE SOIL, I'LL BE BACK BUT I'M COMIN AS OIL" so.... now addison has her dinos singing and dancing, only the words arent the same that are coming out of her mouth for the lyrics.

i'm not counting the days i've been unemployed anymore. even though technically its been a month today. i've decided that its the best damn thing that could have ever happened to me and the only thing i would change about anything... is the day i was fired. i completely wish that i would have told one what the other was saying about the other, blah blah, but in my heart i know that i'm the bigger person for keeping my mouth shut. i made an impact though, and i know that there isnt a single person that will ever forget me there. if it werent for fears of violating HIPPA laws, i'm sure i would have facebook'd my patients already.

meanwhile back at the ranch, we've been adding a few things here and there. we had to get a new stove due to ours taking a small shit, leaking enough gas to bother me and bother the midamerican guy. after that i hadnt done much but clean in preparation for EASTER AT OUR HOUSE. it was a really good time. the most exciting part of the day was not the honey glazed spiral ham cooking in my new oven, but the toaster catching on fire. and not just smoke, i'm talking flames! turns out someone (i wouldnt be surprised if it were me) put a bag of Fruit Loops on top of the toaster. Toucan Sam then somehow pushed down the lever on the toaster, in which had a corner of the bag in it. it finally got hot enough that it just erupted into flames while i was starting a load of laundry for Addison's poop covered changing pad. if it werent for my sister yelling FIRE i probably would have let the house burn down.

after the fire, which everything is fine except for the toaster and the fruit loops, we decided it was time to get organized. so, we're having a garage sale at some point, mostly which will be filled with shit that was still in boxes in the garage... anyway. we bought some shelves, dave got a workbench thing, and i got a place to put canned goods. now if only i can learn how to can before my garden is growing, i'll be set and not forced to buy cases of vegetables and spaghetti-o's from aldi's. we also bought an 8x8 shed. pretty exciting for dave, whom is going to put the lawnmower in the shed, and whatever else he decides to take out there.

so other than that, we're just sitting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment