Monday, May 4, 2009

found one version of it...12/05/2007

I didn't have to be induced on Wednesday! they did break my water but she came on her own. i was dialated to 4 when we got there at 730, by noon i was 6 & had the epidural at that point! and by 2 or so i was fully dialated. they told me at that point i could do small pushes but they didn't want me to push too hard because her heartbeat was going down every time i pushed. soon the doc came in and checked things & said he was going to have to go do a csection & was calling my doc to come over from mercy...
the doc went to call him & then came back to check again & said "there's no time, i see the head, we're having a baby!" and it was complete chaos from there! i heard the nurse call for back up, they got my feet in the stirrups, meanwhile my mom had come into check on me right before that & she was asking if i wanted her to stay or go & i had her stay for the birth. i was so thankful to have my mom and dave there! i pushed for a total of 6 minutes and then she was here! it was absolutely amazing. i didn't get to hold her at first because she did have her cord around her neck - not tight, but still wrapped around. i'm glad that everything went as fast as it did though - they had talked like i would be pushing for hours!
things after went pretty well. i was losing a lot of blood & had spiked a fever so i had to keep my iv in and keep antibiotics going & had to take the pills to help stop the bleeding. i feel a lot better now!
my baby girl!

our first family photo

No comments:

Post a Comment