Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day

i had a great mothers day! we were able to trade off our vehicle for a mini-van! so far we're loving every minute of it. its amazing how a bigger car can suddenly make you feel like a soccer mom! :)

we spent mothers day morning eating donuts and reading the sunday paper. while reading the paper, we found coupons for bagels! we decided that it might also be a nice surprise to my mom if we arrived to their house early instead of always being late! we got ready and went to brueggers that was conveniently located by the flower shop. what luck! after we stopped and got some flowers, we headed to my mom & dads house. we surprised them alright! mom was just getting out of the shower and dad hadnt made it there yet.

once they were done getting ready, my mom gave me the most amazing card. my sister also surprised me with a card! soon after exchanging gifts, we started with lunch. dad made wild turkey bacon wrapped nuggets, wings and legs, etc. on the grill. it was delicious! we also had fresh asparagas, morels, and potatoe steak fries that dave put together for us. i stuffed myself and then took a glorious nap.

soon after my nap, we headed out to Dave's aunt Sheila's house. here was more food and more great moms! we were able to see Grandma Julie and Nanny, and lots of other family. Addy had lots of fun with her cousins Raelynn & Josiah.

after our gathering at Sheila's, we headed home to bed. all in all, it was a wonderful day with all of my family!

The front of my beautiful card!

and the inside. :)


2 comments:

  1. Aw! What a great card! And honestly, I'm not sure what some of those baby plants are from the photos, I will have to inspect them in person on Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mommy makes the best cards!

    ReplyDelete