Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the garden (again), story time & adventures with Myles, Frankie & Jeffrey!

we had a really great day today! got up early enough to check things out in the garden - its become my new obsession. after that we headed to our weekly story time with Melanie & Andrew. from there we headed up to CR to have a play date with our friends & cousins - Myles, Frankie & Jeffrey! addy out ate them all - eating two hot dogs! thats definitely my girl! :) unfortunately i forgot to take pictures this time of our play date, so you're left with pix from the garden and story time today.
and thanks to steph who helped me identify some things that were growing in the garden! i felt a lot more comfortable weeding when i knew what were weeds! :)
story time! shakin' her sillies out!

this shed will be the bane of my existence.

my birdy house!

onions

spinach

carrots

romaine lettuce

cilantro!

cucumbers i think!

or is it zuchinni?

my favorite.

oregano

new: green peppers

potatoes

tomatoes

2 comments:

  1. i should take some pics of our garden so you can see... you will laugh! it consists of corn...and carrots. thats all. we're picky eaters. we also have a million rabbits in our yard, so i'm sure i'll have to go into attack mode soon to protect my precious garden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice tomato cages! :) you are not the only one waging a war on the backyard critters...something my Mom has done in the past was hoard gallon milk jugs, cut them in half and put the top half (with the spout) over baby plants. it's almost like a little greenhouse, and it protects them from crafty rabbits, although you do have to water them frequently. I wish you luck in the fight!

    ReplyDelete